The regatta will be governed by the rules as defined in The Racing Rules of Sailing.
No national prescriptions will apply.
If there is a conflict between languages the English text will take precedence.
Boats may be required to display advertising chosen and supplied by the organizing authority.
Boats may be required to carry cameras, sound equipment or positioning equipment as specified by the organizing authority. Information from this equipment shall not be used by a boat as evidence in a hearing. This changes rule 63.6.
- The regatta is open to all boats of the Techno 293, Laser Radial, Laser 4.7 and Optimist classes.
- Techno 293 sailors but bring all their own equipment.
- Laser Radial and Laser 4.7 sailors will be only provided with: hull, top mast, boom, bottom mast and trolley. All other equipment’s must be provided by the participant.
- Optimist sailors must bring their own sail, ropes and spars.
- Eligible boats may enter by completing the online entry form at www.mrw.com and submitting it by 31 December 2017.
- Late entries may be accepted at the discretion of the organizing authority.
- Entries will be confirmed once the entry form and deposit is received.
- A minimum of 20 confirmed entries by 31 December 2017 are required per class for the class to sail the regatta.
- Age Categories:
Optimist – U15
Laser Radial – OPEN
Laser 4.7 – U17
TECHNO- U15, U17 & TECHNO PLUS
The entry fee for the regatta will be 100 US $
The entry fee for the regatta and the coaching days will be 150 US $
Registration: Thursday 11th January to Sunday 14th January, 0800 to 1200.
Coaching: Thursday 11th January to Saturday 13th January 1330-1645.
Racing: Monday 15th to Wednesday 17th January 1200-1700.
12 races are scheduled for each class.
Not more than four races will be sailed on each day.
The scheduled time of the first warning signal for each racing day will be included in sailing instructions.
Equipment will be scrutineered and may be measured by the event equipment inspector according to the measurement regulations and approved for compliance with the class rules.
The sailing instructions will be available at registration.
The shore venue will be the Millennium Resort in Mussanah, Oman. The race areas will be in the waters off the resort.
The courses to be sailed will be windward/leeward or trapezoid.
Decisions of the jury will be final as provided in rule 70.5.
2 races are required to be completed to constitute a series.
(a) When fewer than 3 races have been completed, a boat’s series score will be the total of her race scores.
When 3 or more races have been completed, a boat’s series score will be the total of her race scores excluding her worst score.
All support boats are also part of the safety fleet.
Boats shall be kept in their assigned places in the boat park.
Except in an emergency, a boat shall neither make radio transmissions while racing nor receive radio communications not available to all boats. This restriction also applies to mobile telephones.Boats shall be kept in their assigned places in the boat park.
1st, 2nd and 3rd place prizes will be given for all conﬁrmed classes. More prizes may be given at the discretion of the organizing authority
Competitors participate in the regatta entirely at their own risk. See rule 4, Decision to Race. The organizing authority will not accept any liability for material damage or personal injury or death sustained in conjunction with or prior to, during, or after the regatta.
Each participating boat shall be insured with a valid third-party liability insurance with a minimum cover of 1,500,000 US $ per incident or the equivalent.
For further information about the regatta, please email email@example.com